sabato 21 aprile 2012

what's on my needle and spring summer thoughs

If you follow me from my previous blog lecoccole, you already know that I never been and I'm not a OPATT (one project at the time) woman.
I have started about 4 or 5 project lately and at the moment I'm working at those two more than the other.

One is the Damson by Ysolda Teague,
by ysolda Flickr



and here is my work in progress. I started it at the beginning of April, when I bought a beautiful summer dress and roving in my stash I found a skein of Wollemeise in the same color and immediately I figure out the damson to pair with the dress.
my damson

Last Saturday I started another piece I already enjoy working on. Atelier by Heidi Kirrmaier a beautiful cardigan, I think it will be perfect for spring and summer evenings.
 © Quickbeam09


I almost finished the first sleeve (not the cardigan itself, there is a unusual construction, you complete the sleeves before starting the body part, lovely thing I guess, so when you finished the body part you've done, no more boring time knitting the sleeves :)). The yarn I choose is a very surprise for me, usually I don't like cotton yarn, it's always too rough for my taste, but this yarn is soooo comfortable: Purelife Revive is a recycled cotton - silk - viscose mist from Rowan and I'm in love with it.
my atelier

To not to mention the projects I have in mind for spring and summer. This one Is going a bit slower than I suspected. I started it a month ago, but I put it down after a few rows. but I'm confident, I will finish it soon or later.

my Sullivan cardigan by Whitney Gegg-Harrison- handmade pouch from Lecoccole
And there is also a Whisper or a Cardigan or a Featherweight Cardigan by Hannah Fettig in my though to make in Ito Kinu

Whisper Cardigan
Featherweight Cardigan © Quince & Co.

ito - kinu
I think I have enough projects for spring and summer :).
Last but not least, I have a finished cardigan to show. Just a shot took by Iphone.
My A tea with Marianna from the pattern Tea leaves Cardigan by Melissa LaBarre

that's all folks! See you soon!

2 commenti: